University of Canberra research shows that the SAGE Moruya (NSW) Farmers Market is a powerful contributor to the local economy, sustainability and reduces food waste.
The report finds that the SAGE Farmers’ Market plays a significant role in :
• fostering social connections in the community;
• improving and supporting rural livelihoods;
• enhancing producers’ skill sets;
• fulfilling shoppers’ desires to consume fresh, high quality, local food;
• encouraging consumption and cooking behaviours that respond to seasonal availability of foods;
• and, increasing local economic activity.
For more information, please contact: Stuart Whitelaw, E: email@example.com