FARMERS MARKETS STRONG GROWTH OFFICIAL!
This week Federal Agriculture Minister Joe Ludwig released vital Australian Food Statistics 2010-11 a whopping document charting every possible morsel of food production and consumption data. But it's the report's preamble that is most important - Social and Economic Dimensions of Farmers Markets in Australia - based on an ABARES 2011 survey.
• Farmers markets (along with other alternative fresh food markets) are reported to represent 7% of all fresh food sales
• Market numbers have more than doubled between 2004 and 2011 to 150-plus nationally
• 69% of all markets surveyed reported increased stall-holder numbers
• 64% of all markets surveyed reported increased shopper numbers
and most importantly
• 97% of market managers reported long-term sustainability of their markets
The Real Food Revolution is here to stay...
|AFMA MEDIA RELEASE FINAL.pdf||382.54 KB|